The Art of Reverse Trolling in short form.
Part I. Bait
1) Paid maternity leave.
2) Wages for caring work.
3) Sexual Harassment.
4) “I would really prefer that you said (blank)person/worker instead of (blank)man”
5) “I am offended by that word/Using that word that way is sexist”
6) Simply announce that you’re a feminist.
7) Tell a fake tale of another misogynist that “hurt your feelings.”
Part II. Game face
1) Do not get emotionally invested.
2) Amuse yourself.
3) You are accustomed to tolerance and compassion. Turn it off.
4) Don’t be too eager.
5) Remember that misogynists have a zero-product property
Part III. Strategy
1) When in doubt, describe them as babies/very young children, dogs, apes/cavemen, or time travelers
2) Patent dismissal.
A) á la mode.
i) U mad?
iii) Cool story bro.
iv) I see what you did there.
vii) NO U
B) Express ambivalence
i) Anytime he presents a point of view, a hypothetical situation or an anecdote is a good time to tell him that no one cares.
ii) When he parrots brainless misogynist talking points, make sure to tell him how unoriginal and incredibly boring he is.
C) Drown him out
i) overwhelm him with repeated wall-o-texts.
ii) post enormous imbedded pictures or ascii equivalents
iii) copy some talking point he said, paste it like a zillion times and then explain that you did an impression of the last zillion conversations you had with (expletive)s
3) If he’s still hanging in there, get personal.
A) Use whatever personal information you know against him.
i) Does he have stupid hobbies? Bad taste in music? A lame job? An embarrassing name or handle? Ridicule it!
ii) Google him.
B) Leverage standard male vulnerabilities.
i) Insist that he is a virgin that no woman will ever love. Laugh at his denials.
ii) Question his manhood, specifically in regards to size and functionality.
iii) If he is over 25, unequivocally insist that he is a creep with a receding hair line. If he is under 25, accuse him of being dressed by his mother and playing keyboard warrior on the Dell she keeps in her basement.
Part IV. FINISH HIM
Report and Screencap any threats.
Stuck? Try using the examples in the full version for inspiration.